3 Day - Wellness & Northern LightsTour ID: 21066
SeasonWinter, Autumn, Spring
Bathe in geothermal spas, hunt for northern lights, the golden circle and south Iceland in winter
This is a real adventure of a tour including such highlights as the famous Geysir hot spring area, beautiful waterfalls and much more. The tour is designed to maximize your chances of witnessing the amazing Northern Lights. You also get to enjoy the warmth of Icelandic hot thermal water in the midst of the winter.
The Blue Lagoon has become a world famous wellness and spa attraction. The Riverside Spa in Hotel Selfoss is designed and set up in sense of Icelandic nature. It follows the theme of ice and fire underlining the extremes of Icelandic nature.
Day 1: Arrival to Reykjavík
Individual arrival and check in Reykjavik.
Day 2: The Golden Circle
We tour the renowned Golden Circle including a visit to the famous Geysir hot spring area, where Strokkur erupts every 5-10 minutes. We also visit Gullfoss the Golden waterfall. We learn about and meet Thingvellir national park, where the forces of the Great Atlantic Rift are clearly visible. This is where the North American and European tectonic plates drift apart at a rate of 2-6 cm per year. Thingvellir is also the place where the ancient Icelandic parliament was established in 930. It is an area of truly outstanding beauty as well as geological and historical significance.
After visiting these world famous sights, we drive through the much greener landscapes of South Iceland. Here we reach our accommodation in the 4* Hótel Selfoss. Hótel Selfoss is located in the town of Selfoss of 8.000 inhabitants. There you enjoy a welcome drink and a short film introducing the Northern Lights in a proper cinema. Weather permitted a hunt for the Northern lights will be in the evening in the Selfoss vicinity.
Day 3: volcanoes and Waterfalls
Driving along the southern coast we encounter highlights such as the waterfalls Skogafoss and Seljalandsfoss. We also see glacier and volcano of Eyjafjallajökull. We will visit the new Lava Center in Hvolsvöllur. Accommodation at Hótel Selfoss. Afternoon for your disposal where you can enjoy the hotel Riverside spa. It is a richly equipped spa area that features a steam room, sauna, hot pool, rainwater showers, relaxation room, lounge and bar. Weather permitted a hunt for the Northern lights will be in the evening in the Selfoss vicinity.
Day 4: The Blue Lagoon and Reykjavik City Tour
In the morning we drive the south coast to Reykjanes peninsula. There we pass Krysuvik hot thermal area before arriving at the areas jewel, the Blue Lagoon.Entrance to this spectacular lagoon is not included where you can enjoy soaking in the mineral rich water with its fine silica mud. The Blue lagoon is on National Geographic list of 25 wonders of the world claiming it is a geothermal gift of nature. From the Blue Lagoon we head to Reykjavík for a city tour. We will see and hear about the city’s main landmarks like Hallgrimskirkja church. From the Pearl with its fabulous viewing deck we get a great view over the city. Some of the other highlights include Höfdi House, Reykjavik City Hall and Harpa Concert and Conference centre. Overnight is again at Hotel Island.
Day 5 : Departure Transfer (Not included)
Or if you like, you can of course stay longer in Iceland.
What’s included & Need to know
- Fully escorted 3-day tour with English speaking local guide
- Two departures a week for most of winter ( starting days are marked green in the booking engine)
- Two nights accommodation in Hótel Selfoss
- Two nights in hotel in Reykjavik
- Breakfast included (other meals are not included)
- Entrance to Lava Center in Hvolsvöllur
- Short reception in Hótel Selfoss with a glass of sparkling wine upon arrival on the second day.
- Short film presenting the Northern Lights as well as entrance to the hotel spa on the second or third day.
- Evening hunt for the Northern Lights while staying in Selfoss (weather dependent).
- Bring your swimsuit, even if you don´t plan to swim. You might change your mind once you see the warm steaming lagoon!
- Bring good shoes since in winter many sites may be covered in snow as well as their paths.
- Please stay on the paths for your own safety.