South Coast, Snowmobiling & Ice Cave TourTour ID: SRE88
CategoryGlacier, South Shore, Adventure
Discover the grandeur of Iceland's South Coast with a comprehensive tour that includes a visit to the country's newly found natural ice cave, named "Askur" and two most famous watefalls: Seljalandsfoss and Skógafoss.
About the Tour
Your adventure begins with a pickup from Reykjavík, offering a picturesque ride along Iceland’s epic South Coast. As you journey, immerse yourself in Iceland's stunning vistas: rugged mountains and tranquil pastures, behold endless black sands edged by the wild Atlantic and distant volcanoes crowned with ice, standing guard over the landscape.
The tour features two of Iceland's most celebrated waterfalls: Seljalandsfoss, renowned for its enchanting backdrop that allows visitors to walk behind its cascading veil, and Skógafoss, impressive for its thunderous drop and the rainbows dancing in its mist.
The highlight of this adventure starts at the Myrdaljökull Glacier Base Camp, where we'll switch vehicles and take on a thrilling ride on a giant Mountain Truck through stunning landscapes brings you to the glacier's edge. This 20- minute journey is an exhilarating experience, setting the stage for the wonders ahead.
Next, you'll hop on a snowmobile and drive to the ice cave. There is no need for a snowmobiling experience. However, you'll share a snowmobile with your travel partner and one of you must have a valid driving license.
Equipped with satefy gear and guided by our expertly trained glacier guide, you'll delve deep into the heart of Myrdalsjökull. It's only a short walk from the parking to Askur ice cave. Inside the cave, experience a world of pristine snow and ancient ice, adorned with deep blue, volcanic black, and sparkling white hues.
Encounter open "domes" where the cavernous space expands, and traverse a pathway that is mostly flat, offering an accessible and enjoyable journey for all explorers.
- A Beautiful drive along Iceland's South Coast
- An adventurous Monster Truck ride to the glacier
- Snowmobile ride
- Visit to a natural ice cave
- Visit to Skógafoss and Seljalandsfoss waterfalls
What’s included & Need to know
- Return transfer from Reykjavík
- Guidance by an experienced and qualified guide
- Glacier gear and safety equipement
- Tea, coffee, water and access to restrooms at Myrdalsjökull Base Camp
- Monster Truck ride
- Warm clothing, hiking boots, snacks and drinks during the tour are not included.
- Hiking boots and Rain gear are available for rent at the Myrdalsjökull Base Camp.
- A valid driver´s license is required for vehicle driver. 2 persons share the same snowmobile.
- Single ride is possible upon request for an additional fee.